|COLD WATER||32 oz.|
|FRESH YEAST||5 oz.|
|DRY MILK SOLIDS - sifted||4 oz.|
|BUTTER - well softened||16 oz.|
Yields: 60 - Sweet
1. Mix the ingredients together using the straight dough mixing method. Mix on low speed for "6 minutes" until a smooth dough is formed. Add additional flour if needed to make a workable dough.
2. Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 hours in a lightly oiled bowl. Covered.
3. Punch-down the dough. Cut the dough in half, roll the dough out to a 24X32 rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to create 2 rectangles each 12X32. Spread with filling (recipe below), and roll-up like a jelly roll. Cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
4. Prepare muffins tins with the sticky bun pan glaze (recipe below). Deposit a 1/2" of glaze into each muffin tin, top with chopped pecans, then place the cut portion of sweet dough on top.
5. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, covered. Then bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place a sheetpan on top, holding both pans together, flip-over the pans. Remove the muffin tin and the sticky buns should fall right-out. Be careful the glaze is hot!
STICKY BUN FILLING:
STICKY BUN PAN GLAZE: