|SUGAR||2# 8 OZ.||8 ounces|
|BUTTER||2# 8 OZ.||8 ounces|
|CRISCO||1# 6 OZ.||4.5 ounces|
|SALT||1/2 OZ.||1/2 tsp.|
|VANILLA EXTRACT||1 OZ.||1 tsp.|
|EGGS||9 OZ.||1 egg|
|MILK||9 OZ.||1.75 ounces|
|PASTRY FLOUR - sifted||4#||3 cups|
|BREAD FLOUR - sifted||1#||1 cup|
|MILK POWDER - sifted||3 OZ.||1 Tbsp.|
MIXING METHOD: CREAMING METHOD
1. Cream together sugar, butter, Crisco, salt, and vanilla extract until they are just smooth.
2. Slowly add room temperature eggs and milk slowly. Scrape down the bowl.
3. Add sifted pastry flour, bread flour and milk powder, and blend until just smooth.
4. Prepare a sheetpan with parchment, and load a pastry bag with a #5 star tip.
5. Pipe-out the cookie dough into small rosettes. Ganish with half a red or green candied cherry, nuts, or pastry marmalades.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
7. Remove cookies from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
8. Store in a air tight container.