|EGGS||2 # 8 oz.|
|CAKE FLOUR - sifted||1# 8 oz.|
|BAKING POWDER||.25 oz.|
|VANILLA EXTRACT||.5 oz.|
Yields: 3 Full Sheetpans
METHOD: Egg Foaming Method
1) Prepare a sheetpan with parchment and grease with pan spray.
2) Place the eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt is a mixing bowl, and heat over a waterbath until 110F. Using a whisk, whip on high speed until the foam falls from the whip in a very thick ribbon!
3) In a medium pot, scald the milk and margarine.
4) Sift the cake flour and baking powder - 3 times.
5) Gently fold-in 3/4 of the flour into the egg foam, then fold-in 1/2 of the milk mixture. Then alternate adding the remaining flour and milk.
6) Spread evenly onto the prepared sheetpan.
7) Bake @ 375F degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully!!!!
8) Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then invert onto a dusted sheet of parchment paper. Remove parchment immediately, or the parchment will stick.