|POWDERED GELATIN||1.25 OZ.|
|COLD WATER||11 OZ.|
|GLUCOSE - liquid||27 OZ.|
|GLYCERIN - liquid||2.5 OZ.|
|SHORTENING - melted||5 OZ.|
|10X POWDERED SUGAR - sifted||10#|
Yields enough Fondant to cover a 14", 12", 10", and 8" cake.
NOTE: Before beginning make sure everything is meticulously clean. Including mixing bowl, paddle attachment, work table and your hands!
1. In a stainless steel bowl, sprinkle powdered gelatin over the cold water and allow this to sit (bloom) for 10 minutes. Then place over a simmering water-bath and stir to (dissolve) the gelatin.
2. Add the glucose and glycerin to the gelatin mixture. Then stir in the melted shortening. Make sure the mixture is warm!
3. Place the sifted powdered sugar into your mixing bowl, reserving some to adjust consistency later. Add the liquid mixture to the center, and mix on low speed with a paddle until the mixture comes together and is smooth. DO NOT OVERMIX !!!
4. Remove from the mixer, place on a clean worktable and knead with additional powdered sugar if necessary to make a pliable consistency. It should be easy to roll!
5. Keep tightly covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
PROCEDURE FOR COVERING A CAKE WITH ROLLED FONDANT OR MODELING CHOCOLATE.