|WATER OR MILK||1#|
|BUTTER OR SHORTENING||8 oz.|
|SUGAR (for savory omit)||1 oz.|
|BREAD FLOUR||12 oz.|
1. Combine the liquid, fat, salt ,(sugar), in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the flour all at once. Over medium heat stir quickly for 1-2 minutes until the dough forms a ball and pulls from the sides of the pan.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on 1st speed until it has cooled slightly.
4. Switch to medium speed, and slowly add the eggs one by one.
5. Use the paste immediately, for maximum leavening.
CHOCOLATE PATE A CHOUX
EXPRESSO PATE A CHOUX