|WATER / MILK OR 50/50||16 oz.|
|BUTTER OR SHORTENING||8 oz.|
|SUGAR (for savory omit)||1 oz.|
|BREAD FLOUR||12 oz.|
|EGGS (about 12 eggs whisked together)||20 oz.|
1. Combine the liquid, fat, salt ,(sugar), in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Add the flour all at once. Over medium heat stir quickly for 2-3 minutes until the dough forms a ball and pulls from the sides of the pan, and a skin layer forms at the bottom of the pan.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. Mix on 1st speed until cools to 115F.
4. Switch to medium speed and slowly add the eggs.
5. Allow mixture to rest 1 hour before using.
CHOCOLATE PATE A CHOUX
EXPRESSO PATE A CHOUX