|EGG YOLKS||8 each|
|VANILLA EXTRACT||2 tsp.|
|EGG WHITES||8 each|
|CREAM OF TARTAR||1/2 tsp.|
|CAKE FLOUR - sifted||8 OZ.|
Yield: 1 Full Sheetpan
METHOD: Separation Egg Foaming Method
1) Prepare a sheetpan with parchment and grease with pan spray.
2) Whip the yolks, vanilla and 4 oz. of sugar until pale yellow, and falls from the whip in a very thick ribbon! Place in a large bowl.
3) Whip egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt to soft peaks. Slowly add the remaining 4 oz. of sugar and whip until firm moist peaks.
4) Sift the cake flour 3 times.
5) Place the sifted cake flour on top of the whipped yolks, and top this with a 1/3 of the meringue. Fold-in gently and don't overmix!
6) Add the remaining meringue in 2 stages.
7) Spread evenly onto the prepared sheetpan.
8) Bake @ 375F degrees - about 10 minutes. Watch carefully!!!!
9) Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Then invert and remove parchment immediately, or the parchment will stick.
**Chocolate Sponge**- Add 1.5 ounces of cocoa powder to the flour. Add 2 ounces of water to the whipped yolks.