|COLD WATER||32 oz.|
|FRESH YEAST||5 oz.|
|DRY MILK SOLIDS - sifted||4 oz.|
|BUTTER - well softened||12 oz.|
|BAKERS MARGARINE or BUTTER - roll-in||2 # 8 oz.|
Yields: 60 Danish weighing 3 oz. each.
METHOD: STRAIGHT DOUGH MIXING METHOD
1. DOUGH: Mix the first 10 ingredients together - "Straight Dough Mixing Method". Mix on low speed for " 3 minutes" until a smooth loose dough is formed - do not overwork the dough! Relax 15 minutes. Spread the dough onto a well-floured parchment lined sheetpan, and retard for 30 minutes.
2. BUTTER BLOCK: Spread evenly over 2/3 of a parchment lined sheetpan. Place in the refrigerate just before the dough is finished relaxing.
3. When both the butter and dough have reached the same consistency, place the dough onto a well-floured work table, brush-off excess flour and cover 2/3rds of the dough evenly with the butter block.
4. Fold into 3rds to complete the LOCK-IN. Turn 90 degrees.
5. Roll out the dough to a rectangle about 1/2" thick (no thinner). Complete the 1st 3-FOLD, then refrigerate 30 minutes.
6. Complete the 2nd 3-FOLD, refrigerate 30 minutes, and the final 3rd 3-FOLD (total of 135 layers). Wrap tightly and refrigerate. Use the 2nd day.
GUIDELINES FOR DANISH MAKEUP:
1. Shape into danish, relax 10 minutes, indent, fill, finish proofing.
2. Whole egg wash applied before filling.
3. 3/4 Proof total.
4. Bake @ 375 F.
5. Glaze while hot. Allow to cool and then apply fondant.