|COLD WATER||32 oz.|
|FRESH YEAST||5 oz.|
|DRY MILK SOLIDS - sifted||4 oz.|
|BUTTER - well softened||12 oz.|
|BAKERS MARGARINE or BUTTER - roll-in||2 # 8 oz.|
Yields: 60 Danish weighing 3 oz. each.
METHOD: STRAIGHT DOUGH MIXING METHOD
1. DOUGH: Mix the first 10 ingredients together - "Straight Dough Mixing Method". Mix on low speed for " 3 minutes" until a smooth loose dough is formed - do not overwork the dough! Relax 15 minutes. Spread the dough onto a well-floured parchment lined sheetpan, and retard for 30 minutes.
2. BUTTER BLOCK: Spread evenly over 2/3 of a parchment lined sheetpan. Place in the refrigerate just before the dough is finished relaxing.
3. When both the butter and dough have reached the same consistency, place the dough onto a well-floured work table, brush-off excess flour and cover 2/3rds of the dough evenly with the butter block.
4. Fold into 3rds to complete the LOCK-IN. Turn 90 degrees.
5. Roll out the dough to a rectangle about 1/2" thick (no thinner). Complete the 1st LETTER FOLD, then refrigerate 30 minutes.
6. Complete the 2nd LETTER FOLD, refrigerate 30 minutes, and the final 3rd LETTER FOLD (total of 135 layers of butter). Wrap tightly and refrigerate. Use the 2nd day.
GUIDELINES FOR DANISH MAKEUP:
1. Shape into danish, relax 10 minutes, indent, fill, finish proofing.
2. Whole egg wash applied before filling.
3. 3/4 Proof total.
4. Bake @ 375 F.
5. Glaze while hot. Allow to cool and then apply fondant.