|COLD WATER||32 oz.|
|FRESH YEAST||5 oz.|
|DRY MILK SOLIDS - sifted||4 oz.|
|BUTTER - well softened||16 oz.|
|CARDAMOM - optional||2 tsp.|
1. Mix the ingredients together following the "straight dough mixing method". Mix on low speed for "6 minutes" until a smooth dough is formed.
2. Allow the dough to rise for 1 1/2 hours, in a lightly oiled bowl. Covered.
3. Punch-down the dough. Cut the dough in half, roll the dough out into a 24X32 rectangle. You can make them smaller if needed. Brush the surface with melted butter. Mix together 2 cups light brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of the dough. Roll-up tightly to form a 32" long jelly roll. Crimp the edges when finished rolling. Cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
4. Grease a high-sided baking pan or use sheetpan extenders. Place the cut rolls 2" apart on to the greased pan. Making sure each roll is evenly spaced. Press down on each roll to slightly flatten. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
5. Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven, and allow the rolls to cool slightly before frosting. Apply frosting (see recipe below) while the rolls are still warm.
Cream Cheese Frosting: