|BREAD FLOUR||2# 8 ounces|
|BUTTER - room temperature||8 ounces|
|WATER - room temperature||14 ounces|
1. Place flour in a kitchen-aid mixer. Make a well, then add butter, salt, eggs, vinegar, and water.
2. Using a dough hook; knead for 8 minutes on medium speed.
3. Let rest in a covered bowl for 1 hour.
4. Roll the dough an 1/8" thick. Then transfer to a cloth-covered work bench "4x8". Lightly dust the table with flour.
5. Slowly and carefully begin to stretch the dough until it covers the entire table. Use the back of your hands, as the dough is very delicate. Hook the dough around the corners of the bench.
6. Allow the dough to dry for 10 minutes. Then trim-off any thick edges of the dough which remains.
7. Brush the entire surface of the dough with melted butter.
8. Cover 1/4 of the dough closet to you with a layer of cake crumbs. Then top with a layer of apples, which have been tossed in sugar, nuts, cinnamon and raisins.
9. Roll-up the strudel using the tablecloth. Transfer to a sheetpan, and brush the strudel with melted butter.
10. Bake at 400F for 40 minutes.
11. Allow to cool, then dust with powdered sugar.