|VANILLA EXTRACT||2 tsp.|
|CREAM OF TARTAR||1/2 tsp.|
|PASTRY FLOUR - sifted||8 OZ.|
YIELDS: 40 lady fingers or 3 - 10" rounds
METHOD: Separation Egg Foaming Method
1) Whip the yolks, vanilla and 4 oz. of sugar until pale yellow and falls from the whip in a very thick ribbon! Place in a large bowl.
2) Whip whites, cream of tartar and salt to soft peaks. Slowly add the remaining 4 oz. of sugar and whip until stiff peaks.
3) Sift the pastry flour 3 times.
4) Place the sifted pastry flour on top of the whipped yolks, and top this with a 1/3 of the meringue. Fold-in gently and don't overmix!
5) Add the remaining meringue in 2 stages.
6) Load a pastry bag with a #5 round tip and pipe-out 3" fingers freehand, or use a Lady Finger Sheet.
7) Sift confectioners sugar over the sponge fingers.
8) Bake @ 375F for 10 minutes.