|COLD WATER||32 oz.|
|BREAD FLOUR||1# 14 oz.|
|PASTRY FLOUR||1# 10 oz.|
|BAKING POWDER||1 oz.|
|DRY MILK SOLIDS - sifted||3 oz.|
|VEGETABLE SHORTENING||6 oz.|
METHOD: STRAIGHT DOUGH MIXING METHOD
1. Mixing the ingredients.
2. Using a dough hook, mix on low speed for "2 minutes". Then add the vegetable shortening, and mix on medium speed for "7 minutes", until a smooth dough is formed.
3. Place the dough in a lightly covered bowl and cover. Allow the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Punch-down the dough. Pin-out the dough to a 1/2" thickness or scale into 1.5 ounce rounds. Then allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Using donut cutters, cut-out desired donuts shapes Place on fryer screens and proof for 20 minutes. Giving the donut a 3/4 proof.
6. The fry oil temperature should be 370F degrees. Fry the donuts for a total time of 2 1/2 minutes. Turn donuts halfway through frying.
7. Remove, allow to drain, and place on paper towels to absorb fat. Allow donuts to cool for a couple of minutes before applying the donut glaze. The donuts must be at room temperature before applying a fondant or a chocolate ganache glaze.
1) Bring to a boil water, sugar and